Bachelor Honors in Information and Communication Technologies
5.2. The Bachelor Honors in Information and Communication Technologies Program was approved in the year 2015 replacing the Bachelor of General Sciences Program, which was granted by the faculty. The detailed curricula of the Bachelor Honors in Information and Communication Technologies Program and description of the courses is given in appendix 2.
The main objective of this program is to teach the theoretical and applied sides of information and communication technologies to graduate qualified cadres well equipped with the required knowledge and training to be able to construct, manage and develop the infrastructure of information and communication technologies in the different institutions.
To achieve this objective the program of study aims at:
- Introducing a consistent study for the principles of information and communication technologies and their role in institutions.
- Graduating students who are capable of self-education and development, working in teams, and participating in scientific research in this field.
The program of study awards the bachelor honors degree in information and communication technologies after successful completion of the approved study program which comprises 169 credit hours to be completed in four years (8 semesters at least).
Admission Requirements Students are admitted according to the conditions specified by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and/or any other conditions required by the faculty.
Expected Learning Outputs
The graduates of this faculty are expected to be able to:
- Identify the infrastructure requirements for technological institutions in the area of information systems and communications.
- Acquire the skills needed in the area of information systems and communication technology.
- Apply the information and communication technologies for the service of the community and development.
- Set and apply the policies of information and communication technologies.
- Manage the projects of information and communication technologies.
The job opportunities for the graduates of this program are available in almost all fields of information and communication technologies in the public and private sectors.